Cannella Hair Design: Many women nowadays regularly go to hair salons to perform services such as curling, straightening, coloring, etc. to change and “refresh” their hairstyle. Since then, the hair that is constantly under the influence of heat becomes drier, more frizzy and more prone to breakage. In addition, the hair is subjected to many environmental influences such as sun, wind, dust, etc., plus the inappropriate use of shampoo, conditioner and hair care makes your already damaged hair even more damaged.
- The 12 Best Hair Masks for Dry, Damaged, Ravaged Strands
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
- Bounce Curl Ayurvedic Deep Conditioner
- Matrix Biolage ColorLast Deep Treatment Pack
- Pattern Beauty Intensive Conditioner For Tight Textures
- Crown Affair The Renewal Mask
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector
- Miss Jessie’s Super Sweetback Treatment
- Nexxus Keraphix Gel Treatment for Damaged Hair
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Cap System
- L’Oréal Elvive Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm
- Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Oil
The 12 Best Hair Masks for Dry, Damaged, Ravaged Strands
To solve all of the above problems, you need a separate hair care regimen and need intensive hair care products such as hair masks to provide more nutrients and moisture to make your hair stronger. Hair masks are hair care products that add intensive hair nutrients to the cuticle of the hair. From there, the hair mask prevents damage deep inside the hair. It can be said that the hair mask was born as the “savior” of your hair, bringing your hair back to its original state of softness.
Check out some of the most popular products below!
Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment
Active Ingredients: Bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate | Hair Type: Color-treated | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens, silicone
Olaplex Hair Perfector Step 3 is a once-a-week take home treatment designed to strengthen and repair hair by working with the Olaplex system to rebuild the damaged bonds in your hair damaged by chemical processes, leaving hair feeling softer, and healthier.
While Olaplex No. 1 and 2 are available for professional use only, Olaplex No. 3 is a take-home treatment that can be used to keep hair strong and healthy between colour treatments in-salon. Olaplex No. 3 is easily accessible by consumers, and you don’t need to have had either of the prior treatments to use it. It’s the most powerful at-home hair rebuilding agent on the market.
How to use:
Apply to damp hair, combing through, and leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes before washing as normal, or leave on overnight
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
Active Ingredients: Shea butter, argan oil, sea kelp extract | Hair Type: Dry, damaged | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens, silicone, alcohol
This deep treatment masque is perfect for transitioning chemically treated hair to natural hair and works well for hair types 3A through 4C. It also gives those natural curls a healthy shine you can see and feel. Blended with raw shea butter to help restore natural lipids to damaged hair.
- This range is perfect for those who have dry, damaged, transitioning, chemically treated and natural curly, coily hair.
- Intensive treatment masque that deeply moisturizes and repairs dry, damaged hair.
- All Shea Moisture hair products contain fair trade shea butter from Ghana.
- This range is Sulphate and Silicone Free.
- Blended with fair trade shea butter, argan oil and sea kelp.
- Seaweed: Seals are rich in nutrients and soften the hair cuticle.
- Argan Oil: Restores shine while helping to increase hair elasticity.
- Shea Butter: Deeply moisturizes while nourishing hair and scalp.
How to use:
Section clean, wet hair. Apply generously. Use a wide tooth comb to distribute evenly from root to ends. Leave in 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. For deep penetrating treatment, cover hair with a plastic cap and apply moderate heat for up to 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Bounce Curl Ayurvedic Deep Conditioner
Active Ingredients: Baobab seed oil, sunflower seed oil, shikakai nut powder | Hair Type: Curly | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens, silicone
This deep conditioning treatment hydrates & softens hair. Protein Free.
Having an invigorating & exotic aroma of fresh peach, Ayurvedic Deep Conditioner is enriched with India’s finest herbs, extracts, & oils such as Amla & Birinjai & Shikakai. Lightweight oils like Baobab will nourish & create soft tresses without weighing down hair.
- Moisturizes hair the most out of all conditioners.
- Conditioning ingredients provide improved high-level hair detangling.
- Infuses oils within the hair shaft while reducing frizz.
- Multi-Tasker- Acts as an instant conditioner & deep conditioner.
- Weightless formula, improves shine & elasticity, suitable for hard water.
Instructions for use: Apply the shampoo on the hair and rinse. Apply the deep conditioner from tip to root and detangle. For a permanent repair, you can leave the conditioner on your hair for 5-10 minutes. For dirty or damaged hair, leave it on longer. Rinse with cold water.
Matrix Biolage ColorLast Deep Treatment Pack
Active Ingredients: Amodimethicone, candelilla wax | Hair Type: Color-treated
Coloring can do a major number on your hair, particularly if you’re lightening it. A good mask is imperative for not only keeping your mane healthy and hydrated but also ensuring your hue stays shiny and vibrant. Matrix Biolage ColorLast Deep Treatment Pack should be the best choice recommended for color-treated hair.
- Hair mask for color care and color protection
- Stronger hair with up to 70% less breakage after use
- Prevents damage and tangled ends
- Vegan formulas and highly concentrated in plant-based emollients
- Sulfate-free and Paraben-free
- Small but mighty, each pack contains at least four applications
How to use:
Apply to wet hair and leave in 3-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Matrix recommends that you use the Biolage ColorLast Deep Treatment after cleansing with Biolage ColorLast Shampoo for extra color protection. Use once weekly in place of Biolage ColorLast Conditioner.
Pattern Beauty Intensive Conditioner For Tight Textures
Active Ingredients: Avocado oil, shea butter | Hair Type: Curly, coily | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens, silicone
Extra, extra, extra, this is the Intensive Conditioner For Tight Textures, the richest of PATTERN’s ultra-hydrating conditioner formulas where tighter textures can seriously indulge. Perfect for low porosity hair struggling to get moisture to seep into strands.
- Great for tight textures – when your scalp & hair need some extra TLC
- Perfect for hair struggling to allow moisture to seep into strands
- Powerful formula protects against breakage & dryness while leaving curl definition behind after rinse-out
- Features Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Safflower Oil & Acacia Decurrens FlowerGreat especially for low porosity hair
- Not tested on animals
- Recyclable packaging
- PATTERN products help support organizations & programs that empower women & people of color
How to use:
Apply to wet hair from roots to ends. For extra dense curls or long hair, section with PATTERN Hair Clip while conditioning to ensure every strand gets the love it deserves. Use PATTERN Shower Brush or fingers to help detangle & bring curls together. Rinse thoroughly.
Pro tip: For dry or brittle hair, leave conditioner on for 10 minutes as a repair treatment mask to help restore & revitalize your curls.
Crown Affair The Renewal Mask
Active Ingredients: Tsubaki seed oil, dimethicone | Hair Type: Dry, damaged | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens
With The Renewal Mask, haircare is no longer routine, it’s a true ritual. Thoughtfully formulated with hydrating tsubaki seed oil and yuzu fruit extract to help smooth and strengthen even the most damaged hair, The Renewal Mask works to nourish and repair strands from the inside out. Use it as a weekly treatment for all hair types, or as a rebuilding mask for over-processed, bleached, or damaged hair.
The Renewal Mask is finished with a signature fragrance that combines bergamot, yuzu, and lemongrass for a cool, light scent.
How to use:
After cleansing, use a wide tooth comb to evenly distribute the mask throughout your strands, focusing on the mid-lengths and ends. Leave on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with cold water. For deeper hydration, dry your washed hair until damp, and massage a generous amount of the mask into your strands. Let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water. Dry with a microfiber or T shirt towel to prevent breakage, and seal in the moisture with a lightweight hair oil.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector
Active Ingredients: Octafluoropentyl methacrylate, hydrogenated castor oil, rice seed protein | Hair Type: All | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens
Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Night Cap Overnight Perfector is an easy-to-use weightless solution that provides up to one week of more shiny, vibrant, manageable hair overnight. Powered by Living Proof’s patented Healthy Hair Molecule (OFPMA) and time-release conditioners, Night Cap is the ultimate beauty sleep for your hair which delivers:
- Shiny hair for days
- Leaves color looking more vibrant
- More manageable hair
- Overnight results that last (up to 5 shampoos)
- Perfect hair Day (PhD) Night Cap is ideal for all hair types. It is pillow-safe and silicone-free. Safe and formulated for color and chemically treated hair.
Now you can catch your ZZZs and perfect your hair at the same time.
How to use:
Apply Perfect hair Day (PhD) Night Cap Overnight Perfector to damp or dry hair before bed from roots to ends. Comb through. Leave in or wash out in the morning. Fast absorbing. Pillow safe. Use as often as needed.
Miss Jessie’s Super Sweetback Treatment
Active Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, shea butter | Hair Type: Curly, coily | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens
Miss Jessie Super Sweetback treatment helps your hair grow out naturally curly, kinky and wavy. Its enriched with Shea butter that repairs and strengthens damaged hair. The centella extracts promote curly hair growth. This hair conditioning cream works by conditioning your hair, controlling frizz and making it more manageable. Use this hair strengthening cream weekly and see your long, healthy curls bounce and shine with joy.
How to use:
Once weekly, scoop out a golf ball sized dollop in your hand. Smooth onto damp curls section by section from the root downward. Run a wide tooth comb through your hair to detangle. Leave in for 30 minutes then rinse. Proceed to styling.
Nexxus Keraphix Gel Treatment for Damaged Hair
Active Ingredients: Collagen amino acids, keratin | Hair Type: Damaged | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens, silicone, alcohol
Consider the Nexxus Keraphix Damage Healing Reconstructing Treatment the wallet-friendly, at-home solution to the protein restorative system offered at the Nexxus salon. The formula is made of keratin, collagen, elastin, and black rice extract to replenish any amino acids and protein lost in the strand. It infuses a heavy dose of protein into damaged strands helping to repair and strengthen each strand. And it works the same on all hair types.
How to use:
1. Start with a double shampoo: First, wash your roots by massaging the shampoo around your scalp. Rinse that off and then focus on washing the rest of your hair.
2. Soak out all the water. Twist your hair to get the excess water out, and pat it down with a towel. Clip your damp hair and let it sit for three to five minutes.
3. Apply treatment where needed. Then let it sit for another three to five minutes before rinsing.
4. Finish with a conditioner or mask.
Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Cap System
The product is a two-part deep conditioning system that promises not only to restore moisture but fix your split ends too. The concept behind the kit was inspired by the K-Beauty craze, and the product is described as a sheet mask for your hair.
What’s so special about the kit is that the cap is that the inside is covered in essence made from argan oil vegabeads. The beads contain negatively charged ions that latch onto the surface of your hair, which is positively charged with amino acids. The combination of the two is supposed to go to work on your split ends, sealing them back together.
How to use:
Step 1: Apply Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask to freshly washed wet hair
Step 2: Cover the hair with the Don’t Despair, Repair! Ultra Repair Essence-Infused Hair Cap and leave on for 15-60 minutes
Remove the cap and rinse thoroughly
L’Oréal Elvive Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm
Active Ingredients: Amodimethicone, candelilla wax, sweet almond oil | Hair Type: Dry, damaged | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens
Fight 5 signs of damaged hair with L’Oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm. Mask deeply conditions to nourish and repair hair with the lowest price.
- Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm fights 5 signs of damage
- Formulated with caring ingredients, featuring Almond Oil and 17 percent Repair Concentrate with Protein
- Sophisticated scent, a floral creamy blend with juicy green notes
- Rich, indulgent mask deeply conditions to nourish and repair hair
How to use:
After using Total Repair 5 Shampoo, apply to wet hair and massage through to ends. Leave in for 3-5 minutes. Rinse.
Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Oil
Active Ingredients: Prickly pear seed oil, inula extract | Hair Type: All | Free of: Sulfates, phthalates, parabens, silicone
This incredible mask has selected natural ingredients that complement one another, resulting in deep and lasting rejuvenation. Prickly pear oil, a precious natural remedy that has one of the highest concentrations of antioxidants, moisturizers, and repairing agents of any plant substance. While plant ceramides deeply restructure hair to make it stronger and shinier. Inula extracts help to protect, illuminate, and revive the pigments in natural or colored hair. After one application, your hair is luxuriant, smoothed, and protected. These immediate benefits become even more pronounced with repeated use.
How to use:
After shampooing, apply a small amount, massaging throughout from the scalp down to the ends. Lather the product while gradually adding water, then rinse thoroughly.
Final Verdict :
When it comes to the best of the best in hair masks, we’re giving top honors to the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3. This concentrated treatment rebuilds broken protein bonds in the hair, making it a great pick for hair that’s both dry and damaged. We’re also big fans of Crown Affair’s The Renewal Mask, a luxe weekly treatment that leaves the hair smooth, shiny, and silky thanks to Tsubaki seed oil and yuzu fruit extract. (Bonus: It smells heavenly.) And finally, the SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque is a true drugstore gem. It deeply nourishes the hair with shea butter, argan oil , and avocado oil—plus, it doubles as a leave-in styling cream.
TOP Best Hair Masks
- Best Overall:
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 at Amazon
- This concentrated formula works on rebuilding damaged protein strands in the hair.
- Best Drugstore:
- SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque at Amazon
- Shea butter, argan oil, and avocado oil deeply moisturize and nourish hair strands.
- Best for Thick Hair:
- Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask at Amazon
- This mask is full of prickly pear seed oil which dishes out a heavy dose of hydration, leading to strength and shine.
- Best for Curly Hair:
- Bounce Curl Ayurvedic Deep Conditioner at Bouncecurl.com
- Indian herbs, extracts, and oils hydrate inside and outside the hair strand, but doesn’t weigh down curls.
- Best for Color-Treated Hair:
- Matrix ColorLast Deep Treatment Pack at Amazon
- A vegan formula, this mask hydrates and strengthens color-treated hair.
- Best for Textured Hair:
- Pattern Intensive Conditioner at Ulta
- Avocado oil, shea butter, and more work overtime in this conditioner to hydrate hair.
- Best Splurge:
- Crown Affair Renewal Mask at Crownaffair.com
- Hydrating Tsubaki seed oil makes for smoother, shinier, silkier hair, in just one application per week.
- Best Overnight:
- Living Proof Night Cap Overnight Perfector at Sephora
- A combo of amino acids and conditioners work to hydrate hair while you sleep.
- Best Growth-Boosting:
- Miss Jessie’s Sweetback Treatment at CVS
- Centella asiatica extract in the formula, helps to strengthen stands and prevents breakage.
- Best Treatment:
- Nexxus Keraphix Gel Treatment at Walmart
- Salon-grade ingredients like keratin, collagen, elastin, and black rice extract, target damaged hair.