Dandruff is one of the most hated scalp problems that bothers everyone. To put an end to this discomfort, apply the following home remedies for dandruff.
Dandruff is a common condition that can affect everyone from children to adults. Many people often use anti-dandruff shampoos with the desire to treat dandruff quickly, but few people know that choosing a poor quality shampoo not only does not cure dandruff but also adversely affects hair.
5 ways to treat dandruff with ingredients available at home
According to experts, there are many causes of scalp dandruff such as: dry weather, wet hair when sleeping, long time not washing, dirty helmets, etc. or diseases: scalp fungus, … If not treated in time, dandruff will cause itching, discomfort… When this condition lasts for a long time, it can cause hair loss, create an excess of sebum, even cause psoriasis or eye infection. To limit that situation, the homemade remedies for dandruff in this article can help you.
Treat dandruff with lemon
Lemon is a very familiar fruit to us, used as an ingredient in some dishes, drinks, beauty ingredients, etc. Especially, lemon has the ability to treat dandruff very well.
Lemon juice is highly acidic and has the ability to kill bacteria and fungi that cause dandruff on the scalp. In addition, lemon also contains many vitamins that are good for hair. Using lemon to treat dandruff not only treats dandruff but also helps hair have a natural scent of lemon.
How to do:
Use 1 lemon to squeeze out the juice.
– Wet your hair, then use the lemon peel you just squeezed and then gently rub it on your hair.
– Next, take about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and apply it evenly on your hair and massage for about 10 minutes.
– The remaining lemon juice mixed with 200ml of warm water and sprinkled evenly on the hair for about 2-3 minutes.
– Finally rinse thoroughly with water.
Do this every day, you will feel the dandruff gradually reduce.
Treat dandruff with salt
In addition to being known as a cooking ingredient, salt is also one of the great dandruff treatments because salt has high bactericidal properties, the implementation is very simple.
How to do:
Step 1 Let your hair dry completely, then apply some salt to your hair.
Step 2 Gently massage the scalp with salt for about 15-20 minutes, do not use your nails to rub the scalp to avoid unnecessary damage.
Step 3 Wash your hair thoroughly with cool water.
Apply this method once a day, dandruff will gradually go away from you.
Treat dandruff with coconut oil
Using coconut oil to treat dandruff is also one of the common ways because coconut oil also has the ability to kill bacteria. Especially, in addition to the ability to treat dandruff, coconut oil also helps to nourish the hair.
How to do: About 1 hour before taking a bath, use a sufficient amount of coconut oil and apply evenly to your hair, then use your normal shampoo with water.
You will see the results immediately after a few uses. In addition, coconut oil is also easy to process, you can make your own coconut oil at home to nourish your hair.
Treat dandruff with beer
1-2 eggs (depending on the amount of your hair).
1 can of beer.
How to do:
Step 1 Separate and take the egg white, then mix it well with the beer.
Step 2 Apply the mixture to the hair, gently massage so that the nutrients penetrate deep inside, promoting the maximum effect.
Step 3 Wrap a towel around your head and incubate for about 20 minutes.
Step 4 Wash off with shampoo and cool water.
This method should be done 2-3 times a week for best results.
Treat dandruff with baking soda
2 tablespoons baking soda.
How to do:
Step 1 Mix the ingredients together.
Step 2 Apply the mixture directly to the scalp for about 15-20 minutes.
Step 3 Rinse off with cool water.
Do this treatment 3 times/ week, stop 1 week then continue or only 2 times / month. Because baking soda has a very high pH, you should not use it for frequent washing.
Notes when treating dandruff at home
– Drink enough 1.5-2 liters of water per day to slow down the proliferation of keratinocytes that produce dandruff on the scalp.
– Add to the diet green vegetables and fruits to fully supplement minerals for the body, especially zinc (found in oysters, radishes, peas, soybeans …) to support and limit skin cracking, peeling, dandruff treatment.
– People who are allergic to the ingredients should not use it.
– Do not abuse using too much, should only be done 2-3 times a week.
– If there are signs of allergy, immediately seek medical attention and timely treatment.
– Clean the scalp, limit the use of chemicals (bleach, dye), eat a lot of stimulants, do not share personal items …
– In addition, you can use more anti-dandruff shampoo to support effective dandruff treatment, it is necessary to avoid scratching the head strongly, limiting hair drying for the best treatment.
Here are 5 safe and effective home remedies for dandruff that anyone can do. Now dandruff is no longer a worry if you know the above ways.
Because these are dandruff treatments from natural ingredients, there are no quick results like using drugs, but after a few times of implementation, dandruff can be cleared. Be patient to get the results you want.